Apr 2, 2010

25 things about me

that you may not know.
if you have been reading my blog
for any amount of time, 
you already know a few of these!

1. I love to organize things. I get a high when I open a drawer/closet/room and everything is in it's proper place. ahh.......

2. I get totally grossed out by hot tubs and jacuzzi/jetted tubs. All I can think about when I look at them is all of the germs that have been hiding out in the tubing system, just waiting for a chance to party in the quagmire. Yuck.

3. In the nearly 14 years I have been married, I have lived in 11 different homes in 3 states: 3 in Utah, 1 in Georgia, and 7 in Tennessee. That is a lot of moving, folks.

4. I was 21 the first time I ate at Taco Bell. Because of intense sibling rivalry with my older brother Britt, who LOVED Mexican food, I refused to believe that I was capable of liking mexican food until then. So stubborn!

5. I love black licorice, but hate red.

6. I have quite a few pet peeves. My top 3 are: 1. bad table manners (slurping, smacking, chewing with mouth wide open..) 2. repetitive noises--pen clicking, gum popping, etc. 
3. people who are habitually late.

7. I constantly redecorate rooms in my head. Dr's offices, hotel rooms, restaurants, others' homes..no room is safe, unless it is already pretty stunning. It's a sickness, really. They all look really fabulous (in my head) when I am done though!

8. I love that my husband is 10" taller, much smarter and way funnier than me.

9. I would have TOTALLY tried out for American Idol if it was airing when I was in college. I would not have won, but I'm pretty sure I would have made it to Hollywood.

10. I love architecture---especially ancient architecture. I am totally fascinated by how people, thousands of years ago, were able to fabricate these beautiful, intricate structures. My top three "must see" structures are the Parthenon, at the Acropolis in Athens, and the Colosseum, and the Pantheon in Rome.
11. I am a very loyal friend. There are only a few people that I consider to be "lifelong" friends, and I consider their friendships to be one of the richest blessings of my life.

12. If you can make me laugh, I am putty in your hands.

13. When I got married, the only thing I could cook was spaghetti and chicken (but only in the microwave). I now LOVE to cook, and find reading cookbooks and cooking magazines relaxing and entertaining. I am a firm believer in using the best (and correct) ingredients to get the best results.

14. My husband and I consider our anniversary the best holiday of the year. We always get away together, and have a great time planning, talking about, and going on these little adventures. 

15. I really, really hate mushrooms
like, really.

16. I love houndstooth, stripes and checkerboards. I always incorporate these patterns into some of the rooms in my house. (what a shocker, huh?)

17. One of my favorite places on the planet is Seabrook Island, off the coast of Charleston. My family vacationed there when I was growing up, and Allen and I have taken our family there several times. It is quiet, beautiful, teeming with wildlife, and huge oaks dripping with spanish moss, and the beaches are wide and beautiful. I would love to own a home there one day.

18. I am a bit of a loner. I really enjoy spending time by myself. I find it relaxing and rejuvenating. (yes, i took this of myself. while driving. alone. don't judge.)

19. One trait I would like to cultivate more=patience
One talent I would like to have=play the piano or guitar
One thing I would like to learn=speak Spanish

20. I love that my kids are developing their own personalities and senses of humor. They make me laugh every day and I feel blessed to have each of them in my life. 
olivia

charlotte

grady

21. I do not get scared or grossed out easily. I could watch a surgery being performed and not get queasy, and I actually like watching scary movies. But I get sick to my stomach while watching any historical war movie. I guess knowing that the violence actually happened makes it too much for me...

22. Even though my parents are western, and I was raised in ohio, my heart truly lies in the south. Maybe because I was born in Georgia, I feel some affinity to that area of the country? All I know is that when I am in the south, I feel like I am "home". I am currently enjoying the mountains and climate of the west, but I know I will return to the south. Someday.

23. I love fine dining. I mean really great, top-notch food. I consider it to be one of the greatest pleasures in life. I especially love enjoying these meals with my Sweetie.

24. If I could eat only one food for the rest of my life it would be (hands-down) pizza. I could eat pizza everyday and not get sick of it. I especially love pizza topped with roasted garlic, sun-dried tomatoes, green olives and onions.


25. My most favorite thing in the world is to be with my family...in the car...headed out on some adventure. Any adventure--whether that adventure is to go to lunch or to the park, or headed out of town for a BIGGER adventure.


have a fantastic weekend!

10 comments:

  1. Wow that was so great to read. I can totally relate with being a loner type. I love to hang out with friends but I love to shop by myself. Just spend time browsing stores and thinking my own thoughts. It's so relaxing.

    Your kids are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post, and I am so with you on the hot tub issue. I was just on a cruise and you could not have paid me (a lot of money) to climb into one of them!!!! Janell

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was so good. cute photo of you, and i love that you're both involved in planning your anniversary trips. seabrook island sounds fab, mexican food is delicious, and i feel you about the friends part (and the alone part, too!).

    loved this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great post! And reading this blog has inspired me to (at some point in my life) have a checkered wood floor. Your wood floors are gorgeous and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved you list, thanks for sharing. Your kids are just beautiful ! Hope you and your family have a Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a fun post! ...and I love the houndstooth hat!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great list. I hear you on the loner part - and alone time is hard to get when you have 3 kids and a job that involved talking. Cute picture of you driving.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for taking time to tell us more about you! I think it is so important to "know theyself" and you do! I am alittle behind in reading my blogs and your duaghter's party was adorable! Clever and simple, I bet those snacks were devoured! Have a happy Easter Holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed reading this. It was so well put and u really get a sense of who u are :) love ur blog!!

    ReplyDelete